HackYeah Online powered by GovTech Polska: the IT community in the fight against coronavirus consequences
HackYeah Online powered by GovTech is on — join a virtual edition of the largest stationary hackathon in Europe, which is organized pro publico bono and aims to develop solutions that will help combat the effects of the coronavirus epidemic. The pool of prizes funded by GovTech Polska is PLN 100,000 net, and participants will work on solutions in five categories.
The idea of organizing hackathons aimed at dealing with the effects of the COVID-19 epidemic in Poland was initiated by DO OK sp. z o.o. — a company that organized Hack the Crisis: Tech for Good hackathon in cooperation with the GovTech Polska Team operating in the Prime Minister’s Office last week. The online event was attended by almost 2,000 programmers competing in three categories. HackYeah Online powered by GovTech Polska is a continuation of this mission. The purpose of the event is primarily to combat the aftermath of an ongoing epidemic using technological solutions and implementing innovative projects. The registration is already open. Hackathon participants will develop their solutions between April 3rd to April 5th. The organizers are looking for projects that will answer 5 key challenges:
- Security during an epidemic – projects submitted in this category will be aimed at helping to ensure the safety of children and young people during e-learning and intensified Internet use, combating online fraud, etc. This category also includes solutions that facilitate the lives of the elderly and those at risk during and after a pandemic, and fight against digital exclusion.
- Business, science and technology during the crisis – projects submitted in this category should support and accelerate the cooperation of scientists with business through the use of new technologies. Participants will also seek for solutions on how to accelerate the return to full economic activity and limit the negative effects of the crisis on the Polish economy.
- E-commerce and logistics – in this category we are looking for ideas to improve contactless delivery, management and organization of production processes and supply chains. We also want to focus on long-term changes in this part of the economy and find solutions for further functioning and development for modern purchase and distribution channels.
- Education and leisure — how to improve e-learning processes? How to creative take students time during quarantine outside of school? And finally, if and how currently used technologies will stay with us for longer? Ideas responding to these challenges will be submitted in this category.
- Freestyle – this category will contain ideas that do not match any of the above categories, but which are applicable in the fight against the effects COVID-19.
Let’s meet online at the Festival of Programming!
The main purpose of HackYeah Online powered by GovTech is to help fight the effects of coronavirus. An additional incentive for participants is the opportunity to win a total of PLN 100,000 in prizes and the chance to further develop their idea and implement it. HackYeah Online is also an opportunity to take part in numerous thematic webinars, virtual chats with hundreds of mentors and participants and to spend a productive weekend. HackYeah organizers will take care of maintaining the festival atmosphere known from the three previous hackathon editions, this time transferred to the virtual world. You can expect online games, a common music playlist collected especially for the weekend of April 3-5, and many other attractions that will help you have a good time.
Many public and private institutions, both Polish and international, have joined the initiative, providing knowledge and mentors to help participants.
— Time of a threat is a time when we are able to unite across divisions and borders — national and generational — to act for the common good. I invite all developers, experts and technology enthusiasts to fight the virus in cyberspace.- Mateusz Morawiecki, Prime Minister of Poland.
— The first hackathon proved that developers from all over Europe are able to put their hand to fighting the virus, and the next few days will prove that they are also able to reach out to those most affected by the epidemic. Although hackathon is a competition by nature, we are all now a one team, to join which I encourage all lovers of new technologies. – Justyna Orłowska — Plenipotentiary of the Prime Minister for GovTech Polska Program.
– HackYeah organized by us has proved several times that the participants have a huge potential of innovative ideas, which is now extremely needed during the crisis. By organizing HackYeah pro publico bono, we want to enable everyone who has ideas for such solutions and want to use their time to create valuable tools to join in working out solutions against the effects of COVID-19. – Jakub Kozioł, CEO of PROIDEA.
Who and how can join?
Registration is already open, but the event will take place on April 3-5, 2020. HackYeah Online powered by GovTech is a free event addressed to everyone who has ideas for solutions to combat the effects of the coronavirus pandemic and want to use their free time to create projects, that can really change our lives for the better. Projects participating in the competition can be submitted individually or in teams of up to 6 people. Communication between participants, organizers, mentors and jurors will take place on the Discord channel, to which we invite you today: https://discord.gg/fa83ryF. To register a team and compete for prizes, simply register at: https://app.evenea.pl/event/hackyeah2020online/
The event is organized by PROIDEA — a company that has been organizing events for the IT industry for years; the originator and producer of HackYeah. The main partner of the event is GovTech Polska — a program operating in the Chancellery of the Prime Minister aimed at engaging the community in introducing innovation to the public sector. It works with technology companies and citizens to jointly modernize public administration and find ways to use technology to accomplish tasks undertaken by the state.
We invite media, companies and organizations that have ideas on how technology can improve life, business, science, education and free time during and after a pandemic.
Main communication channel: https://discord.gg/fa83ryF.
Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/HackYeahPL
Social Media GovTech Polska:
Martyna Stachurska firstname.lastname@example.org